As shared by an Instagram user..Surgeon Amyr holding massive ovarian cyst that was removed from a female patient #tumordeovario: Ovarian Cyst: During a woman’s menstrual cycle, an egg grows in a sac called a follicle.
This sac is located inside the ovaries. In most cases, this follicle or sac breaks open and releases an egg. But if the follicle doesn’t break open, the fluid inside the follicle can form a cyst on the ovary. Depending on the type ( polycystic ovaries, endometriosis, cystadenoma, dermoid cyst )
Most women will experience a cyst on the ovaries at least once, and most are painless, causes no symptoms, and are discovered during a routine pelvic exam.
Thou Doctors aren’t sure what causes ovarian cancer but several risk factors, including:
- Age: women in reproductive age & also specifically women who have gone through menopause
- Smoking & excessive alcohol intake
- Taking fertility drugs (such as Clomid)
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family or personal history of ovarian, breast, or colorectal cancer (having the BRCA gene can increase the risk) and so on
🔺Symptoms of an ovarian cyst include:
- Pain or bloating in the abdomen.
- Difficulty urinating, or frequent need to urinate.
- Dull ache in the lower back.
- Pain during sexual intercourse.
- Painful menstruation, abnormal bleeding.
- Weight gain , Nausea or vomiting ,
- Loss of appetite, feeling full quickly.painful bowel movements, and pain during sex! .
In rare cases, an ovarian cyst can cause serious problems, so it’s best to have it checked by your doctor.
Hey! Check yourself today & live healthy